Board of Trustees
- Laurada Byers
- Russell Byers, Jr.
- Alison Byers
Board of Trustees · Byerschool Foundation
- Jack Adler
- Laurada Byers · Chair
- Russell Byers, Jr.
- James Callaham
- Sandy Horrocks · President, CEO
- T.J. Hurst
- Ned Montgomery
Board of Trustees · Russell Byers Charter School
- Abby Baker · Faculty Rep
- Richard Binswanger · Vice Chair
- Rob Craven · Treasurer
- Michael Eckhardt
- Melissa Fox · Faculty Rep
- Linda Gamble · Chair
- Diana Gormley · Secretary
- Imani Powell · Parent Rep
- Luisa Mygatt
- Leah Katz
- Haisheng Yang
- 2018-19 Meeting Dates:
- June 28, 2018 Agenda | Minutes
- July 19, 2018 Agenda | Minutes
- August 23, 2018 Agenda | Minutes
- September 20, 2018 Agenda | Minutes
- October 18, 2018 Agenda | Minutes
- November 29, 2018 Agenda | Minutes
- January 17, 2019 Agenda | Minutes
- February 21, 2019 Agenda
- March 21, 2019
- April 25, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- Times: 4:00 - 6:00 PM
- Location: Byerschool Foundation Offices
1926 Arch Street #3F, Philadelphia, PA 19103 · 215-972-1700
- Correspondence to the Trustees should be directed to the Board Chair, Linda Gamble (email@example.com)
- Visit our meeting archives for past agendas and minutes.
Public Comment Policy
Be it hereby resolved that the Board of Trustees adopt the following guidelines for the Public Comment period of its meetings:
The purpose of the Public Comment Period during meetings of the Board of Trustees is to provide the opportunity for the public to offer feedback, identify opportunities or raise issues directly to the Board. The Board hears such comments at the particular point in the meeting specified by the Agenda. Comments to the Board may also be provided in writing to the Chairperson of the Board or at the front desk of the School.
- A member of the public who wishes to comment at a Board of Trustees meeting is required to register to speak 24 hours prior to the beginning of the board meeting. A request to comment must be made in advance of the meeting to Deborah Sperbeck by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (215-972-1700 ext 223). When the meeting is called to order, the list of individuals allowed to comment during the Public Comment Period will be presented to the Board Secretary.
- If time allows the Chairperson of the Board may grant individuals who did not register in advance to make a public comment.
- Speakers must limit their comments to three minutes. A speaker may not cede her/his time to another speaker.
- Public comments which are derogatory, disparaging, or otherwise create a personal attack against any individual will be ruled out of order.
- Speakers are requested to provide prior to the meeting 15 written copies of the intended remarks to Debbie Sperbeck for distribution to members of the Board of Trustees and for the minutes of the meeting.
- The Chairperson of the Board at his/her discretion may allow a discussion by the Board or conduct a dialogue with the individual(s) providing comment(s) following the Public Comment Period.
The Board of Trustees of Russell Byers Charter School shall not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or any other classification otherwise protected by applicable state and/or federal laws. It shall heretofore remain the policy of Russell Byers Charter School to admit students of any race, sex, color, national origin, religion or sexual orientation regardless of disability and to afford such students all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Russell Byers Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or any other classification otherwise protected by applicable state and/or federal laws in administration of its education policies, admission policies, hiring policies, scholarship and aid programs, and other school administered programs and operations.