Our 4K – 4th grade math program, Bridges in Mathematics, follows an inquiry-based approach to mathematics, which incorporates teacher modeling with discovery learning and problem solving. Bridges’ comprehensive approach to mathematics allows students to engage in content that is rigorous, coherent, and accessible to all learners. Students have opportunities throughout each module to work with others and to explain a variety of strategies to demonstrate understanding of math concepts and skills.
Students in 5th – 8th grades also use a concept-based program called Eureka Mathematics. Eureka, which offers a structure for multidisciplinary teaching of content and skills, focuses on building strong conceptual knowledge through a variety of rigorous tasks. Students engage in rich conversation to explain their mathematical process and discover numerical relationships to support their thinking.
In This Section
- Special Education
- Science & Social Studies
- Editorial by Neiby Kassahun
- Editorial by Brendan Dunbar
- Editorial by Jamiyah Patterson
- Editorial by Tyron Spivey-Brown
- Resource Center
- RBCS Coronavirus Update
- Learning Opportunities During School Closing for COVID-19
- Special Needs Supplemental Learning Material K-8
- Play at Home with Playworks!
- Grade 4k-4th Learning Packets
- Grade 7 Learning Packet
- Grade 8 Learning Packet
- Grade 5 Learning Packet
- Grade 6 Learning Packet
- Our Middle School
- Our Approach (EL Education)
“My hope is to get a scholarship to a high school; and my dream is to be an FBI biologist and work in the medical field.”