The Byerschool Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which was created in 2001 to support the mission of Russell Byers Charter School.
To sustain the school’s vision of providing equal opportunities for students, it needs dependable funding sources that supplement its per-pupil allocation provided by the School District of Philadelphia. Only through donations of money, services, supplies, and other support can that challenge be met.
The primary responsibility of the Byerschool Foundation is to raise and manage funds for RBCS students. This support stretches to alumni and offers individual students with opportunities outside of the classroom, such as scholarships, community-wide events, and other activities.
Would you like to help support the Byerschool Foundation? There are a few ways you can help!
To learn about additional ways to give, click here.
Are you wondering who’s behind the scenes, making the Foundation’s work possible?
- Laurada Byers
- Alison Byers
- Russell Byers Jr.
Board of Trustees – Byerschool Foundation
- Jack Adler – Emeritus, Retired
- Laurada Byers – Chair & Co-founder
- Russell Byers Jr. – Entrepreneur & Co-founder
- Sandra Horrocks – President & CEO
- T.J. Hurst – Founder, Jefferson’s List
- David Kirchblum – Attorney
- Ned Montgomery – Emeritus, United Way
- Edy Penn – Parent & Attorney
- Kym Shegog-Ramsey – Founder, Go! Ground Xpress, LLC
- Sandra Kurtz Baxter – President, Callowhill Capital Advisors