News & Announcements
Dismissal Updates and Student Transportation Concerns
September 24, 2021
During the last Parents Meeting, we discussed updates to the dismissal process and concerns regarding student transportation.
If you missed it or if you just need a refresher on the information shared, we’ve got you covered. Below are some of the key points.
We’ve made a few changes to ensure a safe and timely school dismissal.
- Early dismissals must occur by 2:30 PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify our staff.
- 4k/5k dismissal starts at 3:20 PM on Arch Street
- 7th/8th grade SEPTA riders dismissed at 3:20 on Cherry Street
- Car and bus dismissals begin at 3:30 PM. Busses line up on Arch Street.
- Car pick up on Cherry Street – please follow the instructions below.
- Give your child’s name to a staff member with a laptop/tablet
- Please do NOT call your child and tell them to come out.
- Parents must check in with a staff member so we can ensure your child is safely reunited with a parent.
- Step to the side and a staff member will escort your child to you.
Student Transportation Concerns
There is unfortunately a nation-wide driver shortage, which is impacting yellow school bus transportation. The School District of Philadelphia is doing everything they can to lessen the impact. In the meantime, we encourage parents (who are able to) to take advantage of the Flat Rate Program.
The flat rate program offers all eligible families a payment of $300 per month ($3,000 for the school year) for transporting their children to and from school, or $150 per month (1,500 for the school year) for transporting their children to school.
Once you enroll in this program, you are making the commitment to transport your child for the remainder of the school year. To enroll, please fill out this form or contact our Director of Operations, Teron Ivery at email@example.com.
If your child is using yellow school bus transportation, we plan to keep you in the loop on any changes to bus schedules or delays. As soon as we are notified, we will send you a skylert phone and email message.
You can also check the School District of Philadelphia’s Transportation Page for bus status updates in the morning and afternoon.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I enroll in the Flat Rate Program?
A:Please complete this form or contact our Director of Operations, Teron Ivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Once I’m enrolled in the Flat Rate Program, can I opt out of it at any time so my child can resume school bus transportation?
A: No, once you enroll in the flat rate program, you are in for the remainder of the school year. A school bus will not be sent to your house.
Q: When and how will I be notified if my child’s bus is late?
A: We will send you a Skylert phone and email message once we are notified. You can also check the School District of Philadelphia’s Transportation Page for morning bus status (updated at 6:30 AM) and afternoon bus status (updated by 12:00 PM).